Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Clear Uniformly Sucks for Higher Bandwidth Users

So, if you do a search for the words, "clear" and "throttle" you will get tons of hits from forums and blogs of people who are Clear customers with speed problems. Throttling is when the provider (Clear or Clearwire) intentionally slows your internet connection. Clear does this to me.

Right now, my connection speed is so slow I can't accomplish anything. The website, speedtest (http://www.speedtest.com) will tell you what your connection speed is. Right now, the speed is so slow, that the speedtest web page won't even load. That's the worst I've seen it. An hour ago, I ran the test and got a download speed of .37. That's pitiful.

The poor speeds are made worse, though, when I've made the mistake of calling Clear support. I am a UNIX Systems Administrator, so I know my stuff when it comes to technical issues. So, when they tell me to optimize my browser or make sure my Clear devise isn't sitting near other electronic equipment or any of the other things they did to waste my time, I know it's pure bullshit. Clear knows it's pure bullshit.

Speed Test 2/15/11 1755

No comments:

Post a Comment